Wednesday 27 April 2011

About Me

Greetings. My name is Greg Johnson, I live in Melbourne, Australia, and I am a gamer. At the time of writing this I am 31 years old and have been playing Warhammer for about 20 years. I think this pretty firmly places me in the Old Fart category as far as Warhammer players go, although I know it pales in comparison to some. At times I dabble with other games, such as Blood Bowl and Battletech, and less frequently things like Warhammer 40K and Battlefleet Gothic. I also play the odd PC and XBox game (don't we all). I consider myself a Warhammer Fantasy player first and foremost, and I doubt anyone would disagree. This blog will likely be focused on that.

With the help of a couple of friends, I founded the Hampton Games Club back in 1999. I get along there most weeks, and have been playing in tournaments pretty regularly since about the same time. I used to enter them to be competitive, but nowadays I find I am happier floating about on the middle tables, meeting new people and playing some games.

I have the good fortune to be married to a very understanding wife, who not only tolerates me playing with war dollies, but has entered tournaments in the past. We also have a son who does not yet know what a dragon is, but will probably know all too much about such things before he ever makes it to school.

Anyway, enough about me (for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment